This comes to us via Chronicle Magazine editor Alison Biggar:
DCP Project Manager
Diablo Publications is an award-winning regional publisher located in Walnut Creek. DCP is the custom-publishing/marketing services arm of Diablo Publications. DCP produces customer newsletters and magazines, collateral, and online products for a variety of clients in the fields of health care, sports and corporate communications. Our clients include the American Cancer Society, Catholic Healthcare West (CHW), Comcast, Chevron, the Oakland Athletics and the San Francisco Giants.
About the Position:
Project managers ensure that customer needs are being met and exceeded by guiding the activities of project teams of designers and editors. They monitor the budget, schedule and scope of their assigned projects and maintain a high level of professional contact with customers.
You're a highly motivated and organized person with a knack for managing the details of complex projects. You thrive in a team environment where providing a high level of customer service is key to your job performance. You enjoy a challenge, can juggle multiple projects at one time, and keep a smile on your face despite deadlines threatening to bury you at any moment.
• Demonstrated success managing projects - experience in a print or online publishing environment is a plus
• A keen understanding of and sensibility about customer-service
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Sense of humor
• Customer Focus
• Conflict Resolution/Negotiation Skills
• Organization/Time Management
• Interpersonal Skills
• Problem Solving
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as primary customer contact for the DCP project team
• Develop and monitor project schedules for print and web projects
• Monitor project budgets to ensure timely, on-budget delivery of services
• Meet with team members (account managers, graphic designers, editors) on a regular basis to review project status
• Keep apprised of all relevant project developments
• Visit clients on-site on an as-needed basis
• Review project scope and strategy on a regular basis
• Ensure timely billing of clients
• Coordinate vendor services (printing, web programming, etc.)
• Audit vendor invoices to ensure compliance with project budgets
• Reconcile project costs at close of project
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to Eileen Cunningham, Director of Operations at email@example.com. No phone calls please.