Here's a job posting from former Chronicle staffer Harry Mok (he's now lead producer at www.ContraCostaTimes.com). Thanks Harry!
Bay Area News Group is looking for an experienced web editor/producer for InsideBayArea.com and ContraCostaTimes.com. This producer will work with the editors and interactive staff of the Oakland Tribune, Contra Costa Times and several other BANG dailies and weeklies in the Bay Area to update the sites with the latest news, online-only content and multimedia presentations. The right candidate must be both a talented and experienced editor/producer AND have the technical skills to put that talent to use.
The producer must be willing to work early morning and weekend shifts. The producer will be located in one of several East Bay locations, site to be determined.
The web producer:
• Blends material from the newspapers, wire services and other sources to create compelling online content.
• Makes sure the sites accurately reflect the top news of the moment.
• Rewrites headlines, compiles brief summary paragraphs, locates and selects related content to supplement the newest reports.
• Builds special packages for major events and projects.
• Builds polls, photo slideshows, article packages, etc.
• Helps in the development of improvements and enhancements and in the design and usability of content areas.
• Education: College diploma. Advanced coursework in journalism, English, graphic design or web production is desirable.
• Experience: Minimum two years as a web editor or producer or similar media experience.
• Experience and proficiency in writing or editing news copy and writing or rewriting headlines and story leads or blurbs.
• Knowledge of web production and design, and understanding of web content management systems. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Knowledge of and skill required in the following applications: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); Dreamweaver, HomeSite and Adobe Photoshop.
• Knowledge of and skill preferred in various multimedia applications, such as iMovie, Flash, SoundSlides, etc.
Contact Harry at email@example.com or Morgan Cartwright at firstname.lastname@example.org.