Sunday, June 10, 2007

A quick note

Many thanks


First off, a big thank-you to those who have contributed to this blog, either by offering advice, relevant job opportunities or simply moral support. So far, this blog has been fed by a great mixture of contributors: current staff, former staff (some who left recently, some from long ago), and even folks from other newspapers (including one LAT pressman who wanted to help out).


Job opps


In regards to job postings, I'll try to post as many as I can, but I will give priority to those opportunities that best match the skill sets of those leaving (and granted, I don't know the skills and strengths of each of the 100 journalists leaving, but I'll make my best guess).


Contact info


For those who have recently left The Chronicle, note that I will only provide your name and contact info (e-mail and phone) if you request it. I'm taking an "opt in" approach out of respect for your privacy. Additionally, if you want me to post additional info/links (such as your previous title, URL to online resume, links to your best work) alongside your name just in case prospective employers are looking at the blog, let me know. Whatever helps.


Thanks,
Marcus Chan
Multimedia editor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marcus,
You are doing a totally awesome job. Thank you, KR