A smattering of opportunities ...
This comes to us from Alan Mutter, the former No. 2 editor at The Chronicle (back in the day -- or, at least before my time):
Would like to hear from anyone who has a strong analytical background in water issues and/or alternative power technologies. Must understand scientific, legal, environmental and financial issues associated with one or more of the above topics.
Thanks and best wishes to former colleagues.
Alan D. Mutter
Here's one from Chron HR business partner April Kenyon:
Catholic San Francisco, the Catholic newspaper published by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, has two news reporting positions open due to recent retirements. We now are looking to fill these full-time positions. The contact person would be Dan Morris-Young, editor, at 415 614-5648; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And one more -- this from Chron food writer Karola Craib:
Position Title: Marketing Communications Coordinator
Are you a new grad or young professional looking for a strong introduction to a broad range of marketing roles? We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual who is interested in learning the marketing communications profession in a hands-on environment. You will assist a small team of experienced communications professionals doing a variety of projects including, but not limited to, collateral creation, branding, positioning, event management, direct mail, website development, presentation development, budgeting and administration, as well as writing and editing for public relations campaigns and internal communications programs.
Spansion® is dedicated to enabling, storing and protecting digital content in the automotive, consumer electronics, networking and wireless markets. As the largest company exclusively focused on Flash memory solutions, Spansion has one of the most diverse and comprehensive Flash product lines on the market.
This job is a full-time position which requires a 4 Year Degree and at least 1 year of experience (internships ok).
Potential Responsibilities Include:
• Supporting marketing communications team with various projects
• Tracking production schedules and budgets to ensure projects stay on time and on budget
• Proofing all materials for brand consistency, grammar, positioning, etc
• Assisting with the execution of e-mail and direct mail communication projects
• Working with outside vendors on PowerPoint presentations, design projects, miscellaneous deliverables
• Manage inventory of collateral, including timely shipments and distribution of collateral to events, regional offices, and sales personnel.
• Play a primary support role in building channel marketing programs with Spansion’s distributors.
• Supporting various events
• Help with website management/content creation
• Assisting with communications for major product launches and corporate milestone campaigns
• Writing and editing for internal communications intranet stories, PR programs, such as partner press releases and pitches
• Preparing press/analyst meeting briefing documents, as well as coverage reports
• Building press media lists
• Developing press kits
• Researching speaking opportunities for executives
• General office tasks and meeting coordination
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business)
• 1-3 year(s) prior experience (internship okay) with an ad agency, PR firm, marketing firm or in-house corporate communications department
• Organized, enthusiastic and wants to learn
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong project management, multitasking, prioritization skills are absolutely essential
• Experience with MS Office including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of graphics programs a plus but not required
For more info, contact email@example.com.